We are headed into grilling season and found this easy recipe for a delicious steak and veggie meal.
You can substitute the cut of steak for any type you like and the same for the veggies, feel free to use what you have on hand!
You will need:
- 2 20-ounce bone-in ribeye steak (or another steak of choice)
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 8 ounces asparagus, bottoms trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion, cut into thick discs
- 2 zucchini, cut into thick slices
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Salt and freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel and season both sides with steak seasoning. Set aside and let come to room temperature for one hour before cooking.
- Preheat grill to 500F.
- Add the sweet potatoes, asparagus, bell pepper, onion, and zucchini to a large tray. Coat with 2 tablespoons avocado oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the vegetables along the front or back perimeter of the grill and cook until grill marks form, around 6 minutes. Flip and cook until grill marks form and the vegetables are slightly softened around 6 more minutes. Cook the sweet potatoes, rotating every 10 minutes or so until they are charred all over and fork-tender around 45 minutes total. Transfer the grilled vegetables to a serving platter, cover with foil, and place in a warm spot until ready to serve.
- Reduce the heat on the grill to 225F.
- Place the steaks onto the grill and cook until the thickest part of the meat registers 115F on a meat thermometer.
- Heat a large cast-iron or stainless-steel skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-high and add 1 tablespoon avocado oil and the ghee. Heat until the ghee has melted then add the steaks, working in batches if necessary. Cook, flipping every 60 seconds until a crust forms on both sides and the thickest part of the steak registers 135F for a medium-rare center.
- Transfer the steaks to a carving board, tent with foil to keep warm, and let rest at least 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve with the grilled vegetable medley.