Light, refreshing, and ever so simple to prepare, this salad makes a great appetizer for outdoor parties or can be served up as delicious lunch on its own.
You will need:
- 1 pound cucumbers, chopped
- 1 pound mixed color cherry tomatoes (halved if desired)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives (pitted and halved if desired)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Whisk or blend together all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients (except for the parsley) in a large bowl and pour over the dressing, mixing together well.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours prior to serving to chill and remove from the fridge at least 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve with a slotted spoon to drain off any extra dressing.