These cookies have no flour, oil, or added sugar. And they incorporate omega-rich walnuts and flaxseed.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup packed pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor with an “S” blade, process the walnuts until they are crumbled.
- Add the dates, salt, baking soda, vanilla, flax, water, and vinegar. Process until the batter is smooth and sticky.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pulse briefly just to mix.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie onto the baking sheet.
- Press down the cookies to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to completely cool on the pan.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and serve cold for a firm texture.