Who else hears that song every time these seeds come up?
Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. The way they gel up in liquid makes them the perfect base for a pudding that can pack a nutritional punch. Try this simple recipe for starters.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of dairy-free milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Sweetener of choice (or omit for lower glycemic option)
- Raspberries or other berries to top
- Using a mason jar or bowl pour in 1/2 cup of dairy-free milk.
- Add 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
- Mix until the chia seeds are well separated with no clumps. You may need to mix, allow to settle, and then mix again.
- Add sweetener like honey or maple syrup if using.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours until the chia seeds have formed a gel and the milk is absorbed.
- Top with raspberries or any other type of berry and enjoy!