A clean and tasty asian inspired dish that uses lettuce wraps in place of corn or wheat for a grain-free, protein packed meal.
You will need:
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, white and green parts sliced and seperated
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce of choice (we like Primal Kitchen)
- Salt to taste
- Iceberg lettuce leaves, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the avocado oil and heat until shimmering.
- Add the ground chicken, stirring and breaking up the meat until it is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, scallion whites, and cashews, stirring until the peppers are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the teriyaki sauce and toss to coat. Cook stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and sprinkle in the scallion greens.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl with iceberg lettuce leaves on a separate plate.
- Scoop chicken mix into the leaves and enjoy.
You can serve this with rice or as is!